Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2021

In the 1970s Congregation

This British band was originally called The Congregation who had a Stateside No. 29 hit, but a UK No. 4  with Softly Whispering I Love You, on Signpost records.
The band consisted of Brian Keith and session singers only. It was a one hit wonder.
It was also a cover by David and Jonathon, who were really Roger Greenaway and Roger Cook they and named after the biblical characters.

Lyrics
Softly, whispering I love you,
Echoes of your voice are calling still through my dreams,
Softening the chill of the breeze.
Through my window,
I can see the moonglow,
Painting silver shadows on a rose-coloured land
A world that we walk hand in hand
In a day of gold
Coloured by the glow of new love.
Oh, Woman, I can feel your warm face ever close to my lips
and the scent of you invades the cool evening air.
I can close my eyes and you´re there in my arms still
And I know your soft kiss,
Turning into music every beat of my heart,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Hits of the 70s
Please come back soon, we aim to post new material every few days. Thank you.